Your window to farming
Who we are
Stichting Boerengroep aims to connect farmers and students. We bring students into the field, to get some practical experience and to get to kow some dutch farmers. We bring farmers into lecture rooms, to discuss hot agricultural topics.
The Boerengroep organizes activities for students and recent graduates of Wageningen UR and Van Hall Larenstein, social interest organisations like farmers’ associations and rural organisations.
Boerengroep aims to:
- Create understanding for diversity of opinions and stimulate a critical attitude towards your own position
- Approach agricultural topics from different angles
- Highlight the (im)possibilities that farmers face
- Stimulate transparancy of the food production chain to support a critical attitude of consumers and farmers
- Realize fair and vital agriculture by:
- vizalizing the situation of farmers today and in the future through knowledge exchange amongst farmers and other professionals
- improve the position of the farmer though consumers. think of an eat-in and regional market, where consumers directly get in touch with producers of their food
- Inform, experience, discuss, facilitate, publish, and activate in order to shed light on present-day issues in agriculture. This way, Boerengroep and Jump-in Theather wish to stimulate a critical attitude towards agriculture and food.
The Farmer Foundation supported by the Jump-in-Theatre, provides you a critical view on developments in agriculture. The foundation organizes activities like field trips, symposia, lectures, group discussions, interactive theatre and practical training courses. Also supporting interdisciplinary research projects focusing on sustainable agriculture and producing informative material are included.
Please check the ‘agenda’ page for an update of the latest Boerengroep and Inspringtheater activities.
Do you miss a certain topic at Boerengroep? Organise it! We welcome volunteers who whish to organise a specific activity, plublication, or research. If your wish fits within the mission of Boerengroep, get in touch with us and we will see what we can organise together.
Weekly Farmers Coffee Talk
Every Tuesdaymorning we drink coffee and discuss hot topics in agriculture. read more