All lab sessions are at 20.00-22.00 hrs @ Clock House, Generaal Foulkesweg 37. To register mail email@example.com
- 18 january: shadow acting Learn to use the shadow of your body to improvise dramatic shadow scenes. See your shadow in a new light.
- 25 january: shadow animating Shadow Animators learn how to improvise visual narratives with paper puppets on the Overhead Projector.
- 1 february: puppet making Shadow Puppet Making workshop resulting in puppets that can be played with then brought home.
- 8 february: shadow dancing Shadow Dancing workshop resulting in a site specific shadow dance performance at Threshold.
- 15 february: mask making Shadow Mask Making workshop resulting in shadow masks that can be played with, then brought home.
Het Inspringtheater and Shadow Liberation join forces to present a mini-series of community Shadow Theatre workshops exploring the theme of sustainability. The workshops are facilitated by Evan Hastings!
Evan has a passion for turning pain into medicine through theatre. His work illuminates the intersection of Drama Therapy and Theatre of the Oppressed, creating performative engagements that raise urgent issues in aesthetic dialogue. Evan has had the honour of animating theatrical dialogue from the fault lines of war zones to the halls of Harvard, from working with prisoners in high security facilities to engaging families through open air performances in public spaces. Theatre is an act of Love.
About Shadow Liberation
Shadow Liberation uses creatively crafted visual stories to captivate the imagination and invite audiences to interrupt the injustice of gender violence. In the tradition of Augusto Boal’s Forum Theatre, audience members are invited on stage to offer improvisational interventions into scenes depicting oppression. This artistic dialogue offers no quick fix solutions but rather places faith in the emerging ethics of the community to creatively address its issues. http://shadowliberation.com/
You may come for all the sessions, or just drop in for one. No prior theatre experience is required. Sessions will be conducted in English, though shadows speak louder than words.
To sign in, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org